Dr. Dayan and her hygienists, Neve and Marieh, attended the Medical Missions for Children Gala in Boston back in May. It was a wonderful event that raised funds and created awareness of this incredible nonprofit charity organization.
Medical Missions for Children is a dedicated group of nearly 400 volunteers who travel the world providing medical and dental care to poor and under-privileged children and young adults.
The focus of the mission is to surgically repair cleft lip and cleft palates, burn injuries, head and neck tumors and microtia, which helps children born without an outer ear.
The goal of MMC is to help restore the health, dignity and self-confidence in children who have been born or experienced facial deformities. These innocent children tend to have low self-esteem and face ridicule, shame and isolation.
MMC offers hope through life-changing medical and dental surgery. Their goal each year is to improve the quality of life for 1,000 children and young adults each year. As a charity, they are startlingly efficient in the use of their funds. Despite the high cost of maintaining a charity with a global reach, only 7% of funds raised cover MMC’s overhead. The other 93% goes directly to the missions. That’s a stunningly efficient rate of funds that go directly to the care of these children so desperately in need of care and attention.
It was our great pleasure to take part in this fundraiser. To learn more about Medical Missions for Children, click here.